- 1 cup(s) zucchini grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs (I used Italian Style)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
- In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
yields: 12 mini-muffin sized bites