Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Slice the sweet potato as thin as possible (I use a mandolin). Place as many slices as will fit in a single layer on a microwave safe plate. Mist the slices with water.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high or until all the slices have shriveled to about half their original size.
- Lightly spray with olive oil and salt as desired. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes longer or until they start to brown. Watch them closely! Once they start to brown, they burn quickly. If you don’t let them start to brown, the resulting chip with be chewy rather than crisp. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. They will crisp as they cool. Serve immediately.