- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce or 4 teaspoons regular soy sauce, your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how much “heat” you can handle!)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole double boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color,sliced into strips (2 small peppers can be used, to give more color contrast)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large plastic resealable baggie, combine cornstarch, sugar and salt; Add chicken chunks, seal baggie and shake to coat chicken in cornstarch mixture.
- Heat wok or large frying pan on high and add oil; heat to hot, but not smoking.
- Add chicken pieces, garlic, ginger and onion, stirring until chicken is lightly cooked on the outside (about 1 minute).
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and carrots; stir 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add snow peas and sauce, cooking until sauce comes to a boil.
- Add cashews and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately, over rice if you’d like.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins