Summer Berry Tartlets
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen blackberries or raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (2.1-ounce) packages frozen miniature phyllo shells, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 4 2 blackberries or raspberries
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Strain berry mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids.
- Return berry juice mixture to pan. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into juice mixture. Bring to a boil over medium- high heat, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons berry juice mixture into each shell. Chill 2 hours. Top each tartlet with 2 teaspoons whipped topping and 1 blackberry or raspberry.