- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canned salmon
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Open salmon and drain thoroughly. Place drained salmon in mixing bowl and flake evenly with a fork.
- Add onion, corn meal, flour, mayonnaise, and egg. Stir until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into patties about the size of an average burger or less.
- Cook in oil in skillet over medium heat until browned on each side. Turn once while frying.
Note: The mayonnaise helps the patties hold their shape and keeps them from being too dry.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins