Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Avocado & Feta Recipe
Slow Roasted Tomatoes with Avocado & Feta
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1-2 ripe avocados, depending on size, halved and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Danish feta, crumbled
- extra virgin olive oil to finish
- Preheat the oven to 120 celsius (250 Fahrenheit) and line a roasting tray with baking paper.
- Halve the tomatoes and place in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, thyme and salt and toss to combine. Place in the roasting tray, cut side facing up, and roast for 1 and a half hours, or until shrivelled and juicy.
- Toast the bread and squeeze the garlic out of the skins and spread on the warm toast. Top with the avocado slices, tomatoes and feta. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.