- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, 10-15 count
- 1 ounce cajun blackening seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon shallot, diced small
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces dry sherry
- 2 ounces Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon creole mustard
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Toss shrimp into skillet and add blackening season, garlic and shallots.
- Cook for approximately 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and sherry, remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Reduce to paste-like consistency.
- Add heavy cream and reduce to sauce consistency.
- Add shrimp back to sauce.
- Cut heat and add in butter.
- Stir butter until well incorporated.
- Serve or hot rice or pasta with crispy french bread and a salad if you want.