- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- Peel, cube, boil, drain and “mush” potatoes to the consistency you like (I like them lumpy, but my kids like smaller pieces).
- In separate pan, melt butter, add flour and cook while stirring for about a minute or so.
- Add half the milk and stir until lumps are out of flour mixture.
- Add remaining milk and on med-high heat, heat to a boil.
- Stir almost constantly or it will scorch.
- After boiling, turn heat off and add remaining ingredients.