- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (pinons)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, in an ovenproof pan. Add the garlic, cumin and oregano and cook for a minute. (Don’t let garlic brown).
- Add the rice and pine nuts and stir to coat well. Add the chicken stock, stirring well and raise the heat to high.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, cover the pot and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Stir to fluff and serve.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 35 mins