- 6 ounces squares white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3 ounces squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- For truffles: In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate at 70% power, stir until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- Shape into twelve 1 inch balls. Roll in cocoa. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and coffee.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3’s full. Top each with a truffle (do not press down). Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Transfer to a bowl and chill until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes. Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins