- 2 cups carrots, sliced diagonally
- 10 -12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup margarine or 2/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs steamed large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Boil 8 c water in 3 qt saucepan.
- Add carrots and fettuccine.
- Cook over med heat for 6 minute add broccoli and continue to cook 4-5 minute or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Drain in colander. rinse with hot water and set aside.
- In large pan or dutch oven melt margarine/butter. Stir in flour and salt. Heat to bubbling.
- Add milk and cook over med heat stirring occasionally to a full boil.
- Boil 1 min and turn heat to low and add shrimp and lemon juice, then fettuccine mixture.
- Continue cooking on low until all ingredients are heated through (about 3-4 min).
- Stir 1/2 Parmesan cheese into dish and other 1/2 sprinkle over top.
- Serve immediately with a robust glass of wine.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins