- 12 ounces orecchiette, cooked
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, mild or 8 ounces spicy sausage, casings removed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tomatoes, skins removed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package direction.
- Meanwhile heat a large non stick pan to medium.
- Add the broken up sausage and saute until no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms/garlic and continue to cook until mushrooms have reduced in size.
- Add most of green onions and cook until limp. Reserving some for garnish.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings to taste and continue cooking for anther 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Return to pot and combine the pasta/pasta water with the meat mixture along with the cheese.
- Divide into dishes and serve with additional cheese/green onions as garnish.
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 1 hrs