One Bowl Brownies Recipe
- 4 oz 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ tsp coffee granules
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 whole large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dutch process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the dark and semi-sweet chocolate, the butter, and the coffee granules. Cover loosely and microwave 30 seconds, then stir, and then microwave from 15 more seconds to melt the butter and chocolate entirely. Stir in the sugars until completely dissolved and then let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, mix in the eggs. Then fold in the flour, dutch process cocoa, salt, and vanilla extract. fold in until just incorporated. There should be no white chunks or streaks left, but be sure not to overmix. Fold in ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, about 28-30 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting out the parchment paper and cut into squares before serving.