- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ice water
- In a large mixer bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the shortening and beat until mixture is crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the egg well and add the vinegar and water.
- Pour over flour and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Form dough into 4 balls, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.