Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 1 7/8 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced, use chicken breast tenderloin if prefer
- 3 teaspoons chinese rice wine (cooking michiu)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup dried chili
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sesame oil
- 4 ounces roasted peanuts
- Combine chicken, cooking michiu, soy sauce, corn starch and beaten egg. Marinade in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat grape seed oil in a wok over high heat but do not allow oil to smoke. Carefully stir fry chicken for 1 minute. Drain chicken and set aside.
- Keep about 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Return to heat over medium high. Stir fry dried chili for about 1 minute. Add chicken, green onions, soy sauce, black vinegar and brown sugar. Increase heat to high and quickly stir fry all ingredients until sauce becomes thick and half of it evaporates.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in hot sesame oil and peanuts.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.