- shortening (for frying)
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon msg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Preheat shortening to 375°F.
- Cut the potatoes into 16 to 18 equal size wedges.
- Mix the egg and milk till well blended in a big bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Put some potatoes in the milk and egg then into the flour mixture till well coated.
- Fry in fryer for 3 minutes, remove from the oil and allow them to sit for one minute and then cook them again for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- It may take up to 6 minutes.
Total Time: 15 minutes