- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices light whole grain bread, toasted
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lb cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked and cut in half
MAKE THE SAUCE:.
- Combine the milk and flour in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, the mustard, and pepper sauce.
MAKE THE SANDWICH:.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the toast into 4 individual casserole or ovenproof dishes.
- Arrange the tomato slices on the bread, then top with the sliced turkey breast.
- Spoon some sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet and broil, 5 inches from the heat, until the sandwiches are hot and the sauce begins to brown in spots.
- Top each sandwich with 2 pieces of the turkey bacon.