Honey Pepper Sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (without skin)
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients, except salmon, in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy.
- Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn’t bubble over.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side.