- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), chopped into chunks
- Combine cherries, pistachios, and ginger in a medium bowl, stirring well. Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; chill pan.
- Place chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl; cook over simmering water until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes). Stir in half of fruit mixture; spread onto prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate mixture evenly into an 11- x 9-inch rectangle. Immediately sprinkle the remaining fruit mixture evenly over top of the chocolate mixture; chill (about 10 minutes).
- Break into 10 (3-inch) pieces; serve.
Yield: Makes about 10 servings (serving size: 1 piece)