Grilled Cheddar and Apple Butter Sandwich
- 2 slices challah, loaf, not braided, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- The sandwich is assembled in a cold, non stick skillet.
- Butter one side of first slice of bread and place butter-side-down in skillet.
- Place one slice of cheese on bread, then 1 Tablespoon apple butter in the center of the cheese.
- Top apple butter with second slice of cheese.
- Butter one side of second piece of bread and place butter-side-up on last slice of cheese.
- Turn on heat to medium/low heat.
- Toast each side slowly and carefully to achieve a gooey inside and toasty-golden outside.
Total Time: 15 mins