- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 12 aluminum foil, muffin cups
- 1/2 gallon ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16 ounce) chocolate cake icing or 1 (16 ounce) frosting
- Place the muffin cups into each muffin mold of a 12-count muffin tin.
- Pour an equal amount of prepared brownie mix into each 12 cups. Bake the brownies using the recommended temperature, but reduce the time to at least ½ of the recommended time to compensate for the small-sized portions. (Time will vary check for doneness according to package directions). Cool brownies completely.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on top of each brownie. Use enough ice cream to fill the muffin cup, rounding the top of the ice cream to resemble a cupcake. Place the cupcakes on a tray, cover with foil and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, remove the cupcakes from the freezer. Spread enough icing on the cupcake to cover the ice cream. If you don’t want a big mess, remove the foil cup and serve the cupcake in a dessert dish with a spoon. Otherwise, serve as is.