- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (or use chocolate)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- powdered sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a shaped cookie cutter of your choice (I prefer hearts), cut out 9 Napoleons per sheet.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. (If your dough has become too warm, place in refrigerator to chill. The pastry will not “puff” well if warm.)
- Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon filling over each; top with strawberries. I make the points of the slices stick out over the edges.
- Top with pastry tops. (Add just a dab of filling on top of strawberries so the pastry top will stick.).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.