- 1 large potato, per person
- 1/4 cup chopped celery, per person (include leaves)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, per person
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk or 1/4-1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/4-1/2 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Put in a saucepan along with the onions and celery.
- Add water, but don’t quite cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Using a potato masher, coarsely crush the potatoes, but don’t mash them–you want chunks left.
- Add enough milk or cream to thin to desired thickness and add salt& pepper to taste. (It will take a lot of salt!).
Total Time: 30 Minutes