- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 16 medium green onions, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package (7.2 oz) Betty Crocker® roasted garlic mashed potatoes (2 pouches)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions and bell pepper in butter 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water, half-and-half and 1/4 cup butter to boiling; remove from heat. Stir in both pouches of potatoes (and seasoning) just until moistened. Let stand about 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Beat with fork until smooth.
- Spoon 1 1/3 cups of the potatoes into casserole; top with half of the onion mixture and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Spoon another 1 1/3 cups potatoes over cheese; carefully spread to cover. Sprinkle evenly with remaining onion mixture. Top with remaining potatoes; carefully spread to cover. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot.
Total Time 45 min