- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 slices bacon, strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise, wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Coat the shrimp with flour, dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 45 mins