- 9 -10 fresh jalapenos
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese or 6 ounces soft chevre cheese
- 1/2 cup red jalapeno jelly
- 18 egg roll wraps or 18 spring roll wrappers
- cooking oil
- Cut stems from jalapenos and cut lengthwise into four pieces; remove seeds and membranes.
- Blanch jalapeno spears in boiling water for one minute, then drain and cool in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- Warm jelly until it is melted.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon goat cheese in the middle of a wrapper. Top with 2 jalapeno spears and a drizzle of melted jelly. Fold sides over, then roll up like a burrito (not too tight or it will cause them to leak when cooking), sealing the edges with a dab of water. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Fry in shallow oil until golden or you may lightly brush with oil and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until golden. They are more crispy when fried.
- Serve with extra meted jelly as a dip.
- You can freeze them once cooked and reheat later in an oven until crispy and hot.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 50 mins