- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pierce potatoes in several places with a fork. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When cool, remove and discard skin; chop potatoes.
- Combine sweet potatoes and 3/4 cup of broth in a blender or food processor; blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Set potato mixture aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in flour and ginger, and then add milk.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Cook 1 minute more and then stir in sweet potato mixture and remaining 3/4 cup of broth.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour into 4 serving bowls and sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon of pecans.