Creamy Chickpea and Tahini Casserole
- 2 (15 -22 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 -4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or equiv. fresh garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or equiv. fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or equiv fresh)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley (or equiv. fresh)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix tahini and water until well mixed (it should get kind of”fluffy”). Set aside.
- Spray 9×13 pan with olive oil.
- Dump all ingredients into pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add tahini mixture, stir until well combined.
- Bake at 375°F for approximately 40 minutes, until top begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake 5 minutes more.