Creamy Basil and Tomato Pasta
- 2 cups farfalle pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces, cooked
- Heat teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until starting to brown.
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, and other herbs. Stir well, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions.
- Add cream cheese, milk, and parmesan to tomato pot and melt over low heat until cheeses are incorporated.
- Add chicken and drained pasta, and mix until blended.
Total Time: 50 minutes