Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole
- 26 -30 ounces of shredded hash browns
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (colby to sharp)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup of minced onions or 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter or margarine and mix in milk, broth, salt, pepper, and onion in large measuring cup or bowl.
- In large skillet heat hash browns and fold in shredded cheese until melted.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare 9×13 baking dish or pan.
- Put hash brown cheese mixture into prepared pan and pour other ingredients in and fold until hash browns swell in most of the liquid. Spoon the hash browns flat and place in oven to bake for 45 minutes.