Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
Chocolate Coconut CupcakesIngredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the shortening over low heat. (Once melted, turn the heat off, but leave on stove so it doesn’t solidify.).
- In a separate bowl mix together coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract. Stir in the melted shortening.
- Add the flour mixture in batches. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.