- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (or black beans or pinto beans)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package Fritos corn chips
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown meat and onion in Canola oil.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, and water.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of meat mixture in bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- Add a layer of beans, then a layer of Fritos and then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat layers, except do not add cheese.
- Leave last layer of cheese to top baked casserole.
- Bake casserole 35 minutes.
- Top with cheese& continue baking until cheese is melted& bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.
Total Time: 70 Minutes