- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini potato gnocchi
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cold water (optional)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 3 additional minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch into cold water until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture and half-and-half into simmering soup. Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Total Time: 40 Minutes