Cheesy Scalloped Potato Casserole
- 3 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Slice potatoes to 1/8inch slices into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- In a medium to large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add green onions,red pepper and minced garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add whipping cream, milk,salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil, turn heat to low temp and cook for 13 minutes or until tender.
- Spray a 11x7x1 1/2in.dish with Pam.
- Add potato mixture to dish,sprinkle pamersan cheese and swiss cheese over potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Carefully watch the cheese to keep from browning to dark.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note:May add shredded cheddar cheese or favorite cheese, when applying cheese to casserole before baking.
- Add alittle water to potatoes while boiling if necessary.