- 6 slices bread
- 60 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 250 g minced beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon French mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- For the patties: Combine mince,onion,mustard and sauces in a bowl.
- Take two teaspoonfuls and shape into a ball, and then flatten slightly to form a patty. Repeat with all of the mixture.
- Cut 4 1/2 cm rounds from each slice of bread, 4 out of each slice. Brush with melted butter and bake in a moderate oven for approx 15 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Spread each round with tomato paste.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan. Cook patties until well browned; drain on kitchen towel.
- Place patties on top of the bread rounds and top with cheese.
- Grill until the cheese has melted.