Candied Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lbs small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into about 1-1/2-inch cubes (or may be sliced into wedges)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Place the potato cubes into the baking dish and toss with salt.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar with cinnamon and corn syrup over low heat stir until butter has melted and ingredients are combined (do not allow to boil).
- Pour over the cubed sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are just fork tender (do not cook until soft and mushy, cooking time will depend on the size you cut the potatoes).