Blue Cheese-Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 2. Place onion mixture in a 2 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Add blue cheese and remaining ingredients; stir until blended. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until cheese melts and mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Ingredient Tip: If you really love blue cheese, then pull out all the stops and choose Gorgonzola for this dip. Among blues, Gorgonzola is moist, creamy, savory, earthy, and slightly spicier than its relatives. However, any blue will do.
Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)