Biscuit Taco Casserole
- 16 ounces taco sauce
- 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, if desired (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, if desired (optional)
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread taco sauce evenly over bottom of greased dish.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Place biscuit pieces in taco sauce, turn to coat.
- Sprinkle biscuits with l/2 cup to 1 cup of each of the cheeses and olives. Mix gently.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine ground beef, peppers and mushrooms. cook until beef is thoroughly cooked, drain.
- Once baked, sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture in casserole; top with ground beef mixture.
- Bake additional 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is bubbies vigorously around edges.
Total Time: 50 minutes