- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; rub evenly over both sides of steak.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes. Turn steak over; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Combine lettuce, cucumber, bell pepper, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat. Top salad with steak and cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups salad, 3 ounces steak, and 2 tablespoons cheese)