- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- Pink and blue food coloring gel
- White sprinkles
- Candy baby shower decorations
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Place paper baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely.
- To prepare Vanilla Frosting, beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed 2 minutes or until creamy. Make 3 cups.
- Divide frosting into two bowls. Using food coloring gels, tint 1 bowl of frosting pale pink and 1 bowl of frosting pale blue, stirring until blended.
- Frost 12 cupcakes pink and 12 cupcakes blue. Roll edges of cupcakes in white sprinkles. Top with baby shower decorations. (We like onesies, baby faces, and baby booties.)