- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for sauteeing
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves, fresh chopped
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 1 tablespoon paprika, smoked
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Print The Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and garlic; saute until translucent and fragrant and season with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus and saute until just tender. Remove rom heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, dill and cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, add panko, paprika and butter. Mix well to combine.
- Place asparagus in casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus and top with the panko, spreading evenly.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until casserole is set and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.