- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion (2)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 10 3/4ounce cancondensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 – 9 ounce packagefrozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut up
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken (see tip)
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice or wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 slicesbacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet cook carrot, sweet pepper, and green onion in hot butter over medium heat until carrot is crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in soup, artichoke hearts, turkey, rice, mozzarella cheese, milk, thyme, and bacon. Transfer turkey mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.